Wednesday 2 February 2011

Imbolc Lights

The Circle of Light is open here in Sweden. On a Dark Moon night, at Imbolc. I welcome this night, the transformative fire festival of Imbolc, celebrating the return of light. And we do see it, even here up north: the days are slowly getting longer, the sun actually brings a bit of warmth when she comes out, the rain is gradually melting the snow.

I welcome Bridget/Bridie in all Her aspects: sweet maiden, sword maiden, blacksmith in the forge of our souls, wolf maiden, warrior queen, prophetess, poetess, healer. 
May the Maiden Goddess touch my inner child, healing her wounds and giving her the courage to come out and play.
May Bridie's fires be kindled, and may She guide me gently as I walk through them to have the dross burned away, pounded away in the smithy, so that my golden core may shine through. 
May the kundalini energy begin to rise in my body, energy of awakening, white energy that brings healing. 
May Bridie bring Her healing power and clear my mind to free the creative flow and let me see more than meets the eye. 
Sweet Poetess, let my words flow as freely as my tears, and may they touch the hearts and minds of the people whose paths they cross with Your prophesises.
May the spirit of the Wolf run with me, fuelling my courage and strengthening the wildness of my being, and may the Swan carry me on swift wings to Avalon, touched by the Swan Mark.
Hail and welcome, Bridie!

No comments: