Monday 28 February 2011

Prayer in the Darkness

At times I have shone so brightly,
But now I often feel like a mere shadow of my Self,
Wandering alone in a world of Night,
Watching life as through a dark veil.

Too long have I wandered here,
And yet, my journey is still not over.
There are still answers to find,
Dawn is not yet here.
But approaching.

I pray, Goddess, that You will lead me safely and swiftly out of the darkness.
I pray that You will shine a light on my path,
Let the warm breeze caress my face, in memory of the Beloved's touch.
I pray for guidance and strength, for courage to look into the dark mirror and face my Self, my shadow.
I pray for endurance during the longest night and for safe passage back into the light.
I pray for the knowledge that You are always by my side.

From darkness to light,
From night to day,
From death to life.
So mote it be.



~ Lisa on the move, posting from BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: