Tuesday 1 March 2011

Your word of the day/week from Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Ever since first coming into contact with Oriah Mountain Dreamer's poem "The Invitation", and being touched by it, I have liked her work. And since some time back, I follow her "Page" on Facebook. Today she posted a beautiful and simple exercise to find a word for the day/week that I want to spread:
On ceremonial circles people often introduce themselves with whatever word arises with the breath from within the body, allowing the heart to offer a deep intent that unfolds & reveals its meaning over our time together. Take 3 deep breaths, allow the belly to soften, the shoulders to drop, the body-self to be held by the earth. My word to begin this day/week comes: "Trust." What is yours?
I took some deep breaths, grounded myself in my body and listened. The word I got was "believe". Such a beautiful, hopeful word! After sitting with it for a while, I realised that it was also telling me to "be" and "live", and to "be (a)live". It was exactly the guidance I needed for this week, not least after getting "Death" as my card of the week.

At the moment, I don't have the peace of mind to meditate, but this is a quick exercise I will remember and do again. A lovely way to ask for guidance and to connect with what my soul is saying.

Believe.

No comments: