Tuesday 2 September 2008

Calling - a poem

I Love You
I'm calling
My words suspended in thin air
In the middle of a vast nothing
And I'm falling
Constantly calling
For you

December 29, 1996

I found a notebook with some of my old poems from my days on the other side of the mirror. This one is almost 12 years old - I can't believe how time has flown by! I wrote it during one of my stays on a psych ward and remember how cold I was, and how lonely. My boyfriend, who I lived with, had gone to Germany for a family celebration over the new year, and I wouldn't see him for over a week. I missed him. But I was so depressed, all colours muted, faded, I felt numb and dissociated. I stayed for a few days more and discharged myself when they wanted me to share a room with someone, then came back after another few days. To a private room.

No comments: