Tuesday 6 January 2009

A fresh start

So I've been quiet for a long time - at least here. Since summer, I've suffered from a depression that just got deeper and that pretty much drained me of all energy. But finally, the antidepressants have kicked in and since about a week and a half I'm not depressed anymore. I'm still tired, though, but I hope that's going to get better. And it doesn't really help that I rarely get into bed before 00:30 and then lie reading for another hour or so. So I need to sort that out, now that the normal, post-holiday life is about to start.

I decided to turn my two English blogs into one, by importing the other posts here, the posts about my journey through the mirror. It's all part of the same journey anyway; my journey out of the mirror and my journey with Goddess. The two sides of my life, the darkness and the light. I can't deny either side as they are both an intrinsic part of me, of my make-up.
True, I have spent most of my life on the other side of the mirror, in the dark, and so some may think I would want to embrace the light and immerse myself fully in it. Nope. For some reason, I still feel more at home in the dark, it's safe, soft, familiar. The light is too revealing, too strong, blindingly, almost painfully beautiful. There is immense beauty in the darkness as well as in the light. So I look for a balance; light and dark, highs and lows, in equal measure.

So a new year, a new start. May it be a good and lasting one.

No comments: