Sunday 1 November 2009

Reasons why I can't or reasons why I can?

Some men have thousands of reasons why they cannot do what they want to,
when all they need is one reason why they can.
~Martha Graham
This is so true! It always seems to be easier to find reasons to why I couldn't or shouldn't do something (in other words usually known as excuses), than reasons to why I can or shall. I wonder why? Where along the way did I learn to make excuses rather than to just do it? Who taught me that - my mother, my teachers, "society"?

And making excuses instead of doing is so accepted, pretty much the norm in society. We need to change that in order to progress. Because I believe that we call all agree on one thing: progress was not born from excuses.

I think "all" it takes is a shift of perception and a change of thought: What if the next time I think about doing something, I push the excuses and reasons why I can't to the side, and instead hold on to the reasons to why I can?

No comments: