Thursday 21 October 2010

In the Cauldron

Yes, so it seems. I'm in the Cauldron already. Or again. But I have a feeling that I haven't left it in these… almost four years since I started the Priestess training. It appears my path is to walk with the Dark Mother. So bring it on.


Bring it on, Keridwen, Dark Mother, Crone Mother. 
Bring on Your bubbling cauldron, may You stir it gently.
Bring Your wisdom and Your change, a thousand little deaths before transformative rebirth.
Bring on the darkness and the cold.
Bring on the chilly northern winds in the middle of the night,
left alone on the highest mountain.
Bring on the dampness of Your cave,
where the sow roots in the earth, 
digging up hidden treasures and the things that have lain hidden for too long.
Bring your bats, dark-winged companions of the night.

Remind me that You are there beside me every step of the way,
gently holding me in the darkness.
And I will take your hand and step into the cauldron.

©Lisa Isaksson, October 2010

No comments: