Thursday 3 July 2008

He makes my knees buckle

How can it be? A man who really makes my knees buckle and my hands shake. Never happened before. And this is long before falling in love, because I don't know him enough to do that. Not yet. All I know is that we have this amazing connection, on all levels, and that he wants more of me just like I want more of him, and I know very well how my body reacts to him. I just wish he would make that phone call, take the step from telling me that he wants to, and is so close to calling, and wants the energy exchange we share in sex, and just do it. Less words, more action. But I think that doing so is a much bigger step than it may sound like. It's not just sex.

I saw him last week, just for a short appointment, and I was so nervous before that it was insane. I was OK most of the day, just a bit jittery, butterflies in my stomach and all that, but on my way there I felt my hands shaking and my knees feeling disturbingly wobbly. It's funny, because I've been head over heels before and never like this, and now I'm just so attracted but not in l0ve.
It's funny how much you can say in a short time, and the level of confidence and openness between us is more than I've ever experienced before.

I had made my mind up to try to tell him that I am interested in more than just sex, and that if he had been single I would have asked him out, because he's just too interesting to let go. I wanted to tell him that because I want him to know that I think he's really interesting and I like him as a person. And I did tell him that, too. But he beat me to it, by suddenly telling me that he "really adores me as a person", and that's a reason why he feels unsure about just meeting to have sex. It was so sweet of him to say that, and he seemed genuinely concerned that I might feel used. As if. I want it just as bad, and I am fully capable of saying No. Even though I seriously doubt I will ever want to say No to him.

The thing is, it's up to him. He's got a family, he's got commitments, he's got issues to sort out and doesn't want to cheat. I respect that, but I can't sit around and wait. I mean, in a way I do, but just because I don't find anyone interesting, not because I'm waiting specifically for him.

I am amazed at the physical reactions to him and I am confused about what he said to me. Player or no player? Honest or not? Does he have the courage to take the next step?

No comments: